Kings Mountain Wisdom Teeth Removal
For many people, the arrival of wisdom teeth can bring complications that put your oral health at risk and cause pain. At Alliance Dental Group, we offer reliable wisdom teeth removal in Kings Mountain to help you enjoy a healthier smile.
We combine our experience and skill with compassionate care to create an efficient process that minimizes stress and maximizes your comfort. Whether you aren't sure if your wisdom teeth need to be removed or they're already impacted, you can trust our team to handle your unique situation with the precision and care you deserve. Contact our office to schedule your consultation with our team today.
CALL US: (704) 741-7754 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
Why Do I Need Wisdom Teeth Removal?
Wisdom teeth are the third set of molars, growing in the very back of the mouth. While some people have no issues with their third molars, this isn't always true. Many people don't have enough room in their mouth to support their wisdom teeth, leading to complications that require removal. Some common issues for needing to remove your wisdom teeth include:
- Crowding: When there isn't enough space to accommodate your third molars, it can cause your wisdom teeth to force other teeth to move in order to make room. This can result in crowded teeth, leading to a misaligned smile.
- Impacted Growth: If one of your wisdom teeth grows at the wrong angle, a portion of it can be trapped underneath the gum line. As it erupts, it may press against other teeth from below, causing pain and potentially fracturing other teeth.
- Severe Tooth Decay: Even when your wisdom teeth emerge correctly, their location at the back of your mouth can make it challenging to properly brush and floss. If decay sets in or your wisdom teeth are putting you at risk for gum disease, it can significantly impact your overall oral health.
- Potential Nerve Damage: Impacted wisdom teeth can grow at unconventional angles, such as away from the gum line and toward the nerves in your jaw. By removing your wisdom teeth before they threaten the nerves, you can avoid chronic jaw pain, numbness, or other nerve issues.
Our Wisdom Tooth Extraction Process
During your wisdom tooth consultation, you can expect our team to take the time to get to know you and listen to your concerns. We will comprehensively examine your oral health, utilizing modern technology such as x-rays to gather precise information. With a combination of detailed imagery and a conversation with you about your symptoms, we can form a personalized treatment plan. Together, we can decide if your wisdom teeth need to come out now or in the future and schedule an appointment accordingly.
When you come in for your wisdom teeth removal appointment, we will walk you through the process so you feel comfortable and confident in the care you're receiving. Our dentist will carefully administer a local anesthetic to numb the area before the extraction. Using the images we previously gathered, we can precisely tell the orientation and angle of your wisdom teeth to successfully extract them.
With special surgical instruments, our dentist will remove one or more of your wisdom teeth. Depending on your situation, the tooth may be removed whole or in pieces. We may then use sutures to close the incision and promote more effective healing.
Recovery After Wisdom Teeth Removal
Following your wisdom tooth extraction, a smooth and comfortable recovery is our priority. You can expect our team to provide detailed instructions on caring for the incision sites. We will also provide prescriptions for any necessary antibiotics or other medications. If you have questions at any point during your recovery, we encourage you to reach out to our office. Here are some of the tips we may give after your wisdom tooth extraction to support a smooth recovery:
- Manage pain and swelling with an ice pack or cold compress.
- Take over-the-counter pain medication as directed to help with discomfort.
- Drink plenty of fluids after surgery, but avoid caffeine, alcohol, and hot beverages for the first two days.
- Avoid using a straw, as sucking can dislodge your blood clot.
- Don't eat crunchy, hot, or spicy foods that could get stuck in or irritate the wound.
- Ensure you follow our directions for how to clean your mouth after surgery, including how to brush around the extraction site.
Reliable Wisdom Teeth Removal in Kings Mountain
If it's time to extract your wisdom teeth, it's important to find a dentist who you can trust. At Alliance Dental Group, our trusted team can be by your side throughout the entire wisdom tooth extraction process, from consultation to recovery. We encourage an open dialogue with our patients where you feel comfortable sharing your concerns so you're confident in removing your third molars. You can expect our team to prioritize your safety and comfort the entire time you're receiving care here. If you're looking for skilled wisdom teeth removal in Kings Mountain, contact our office to schedule a consultation today!
CALL US: (704) 741-7754 REQUEST APPOINTMENT